7 Myers Dr. Unit B
Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
Phone: (856) 619-7756
Your Mickleton Orthodontist
Dr. Jessica Bowen values the opportunity to get to know and care for people and to be a part of their life-changing transformation. She wants each of her patients to thrive in everything they do, and she believes a healthy, confident smile is a key to success.
Dr. Bowen graduated with high honors from The College of New Jersey with a Bachelor's degree in biology. She then continued on to the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and completed her Doctorate of Dental Medicine, earning the highest honors in her class. Finally, she completed her orthodontic education at University of Connecticut, where she earned her Certificate in Orthodontics and a Master's of Dental Science.
Dr. Bowen has received the highest possible score on the American Board of Orthodontics Written Exam Module 1, which consists of basic and applied biomedical science questions. This ensures that Dr. Bowen has the knowledge and experience necessary to transform smiles through the practice of orthodontics.
Dr. Bowen is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Greater Swedesboro Business Association
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- Mullica Hill Business Association
- Mullica Hill Rotary Club
- New Jersey Association of Orthodontists
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Southern Dental Society of New Jersey
- Vixens Dragon Boat Team of Gloucester County
Why an Orthodontist in Mickleton ?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Bowen continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Bowen has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Mickleton Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Woolwich orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Mickleton orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.